Wednesday, June 19, 2019

What’s Your Secret Sauce?

Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. 
1) I'm responsible
I'm really true to my word and usually feel extreme guilt if I go back on something I promised, so this attributes to my responsibility. If I have something to do, I always do it, even if I have to wait till the last minute and if I really don't want to do it. 
2) I'm very honest 
This is almost to a fault. If you want my honest opinion, you will get it. I try to read the room when voicing my opinion because I can come across as ~too~ honest if I say the wrong thing in front of the wrong people. 
3) I usually like animals more than humans 
I'm not sure if this has to do with human capital, but I couldn't think of a lot to write. I think I connect with animals more than humans. Animals can't lie or be evil, they just do what is in their instinct with no evil intentions. I love animals lol. 
4) I'm really independent 
This also could be considered a fault because sometimes I unintentionally isolate myself until someone calls me 10 times and forces me to leave the house. I'm really good at doing things by myself, I don't need the push of my friends or family in order to do anything. 
5) I usually have a different viewpoint than the majority. 
I'm not exactly sure what this means, but my mind kind of works differently. I seem to interpret things differently, like poems or books. I'm sure my analysis essays are really 
~interesting~ for my professors to read because they are so different from anyone else. I guess it's good for creativity in business because I will always have a random, different standpoint on things that others might not think about. 

 Interview the five people who know you the best.
I interviewed my mom, my brother, my friend Chloe, my friend Bella, and my friend Christian and asked them what they think makes me different. Here is what I took from the interviews. My mom claims there is a lot that makes me different. She mentioned how extremely independent I am and how most people my age aren't so comfortable being alone, but I prefer it at times. My brother had a hard time with this because I take it he doesn't think about things like this, but he said I have a really interesting, dry sense of humor. I'm not sure if this relates to human capital but this is what he told me. My best friend Choe said I am really creative and that I have a lot of unique qualities. She said the way I think about things is really different than a lot of people and that makes me super creative. I asked Bella what she thinks makes me different and she said I'm really good at saying what I think without holding back. She said this can be a bad thing sometimes, but most of the time it's good to hear a blunt, honest opinion about things when others won't give it to you. Lastly, I asked Christian what he thinks makes me unique. He said something similar to my mom about my independence. He said it's good to be as independent as I am because you don't feel a sudden uncomfortableness when things go a certain way and you have to deal with things or situations on your own. 

 Reflect on the differences. 
I think people I am close to see me in a very similar way as I see myself. For some reason, people are always telling me what they think about me and sharing their opinions about me even when I don't ask them to. With that being said, I could pretty much assume what they were going to comment in the interviews. They all pretty much said things I know about myself. I think the way I portray myself to people I'm closest to is identical to how I truly am, so of course, they are going to say the same things I said about myself. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren,
    I am a very honest person too and it definitely can be annoying sometimes, but I feel like it is a good quality to have. You having a different viewpoint than the majority is a really good characteristic because it means you think outside the box and don't just follow other people's ideas. Your interview answers blended in with what you said about yourself so it shows that you really have those qualities. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I am also responsible and honest. I believe those are very good characteristics to have if you want to be an entrepreneur. Also, it’s awesome that you usually have a different viewpoint than the majority. This helps you to see situations and opportunities in different ways. A lot of people just like to do and think what everyone is doing and thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren! You have really great personalities and characteristics that describe you. It is nice to see your family and friends tell you how personally know you and you can reflect and see and compare if you actually are like that in a day to day life with them. Use these new or current characteristics to help your business plan for now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lauren, nice job with your post and interviews. Those are all great qualities to have, specially the responsibility and honesty. Being independent and thinking differently are always good qualities to have, and liking animals more than humans I must say is pretty normal. You seem like a great person, and it looks like your family and friends think the same. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lauren, I think you have some amazing traits and being independent is by far one of the best. I can also understand the animal part as well. I sometimes feel that I can connect with them better then people. I would say in a business aspect your independence could get the best of you. You will have to most likely meet with a lot of customers and interact with people daily so it will force you to break out of your shell some. I think being honest is great as well. In a business I believe honesty is key in order to keep customers coming back. A person never wants to feel lied to and I think that trait will help you a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    It was interesting to hear your characteristics. I am glad to hear you are a animal lover!! I really enjoy all types of animals. Sometimes I think animals can be mean though. I have seen them bite each other. Nature however takes its course and thats what meant to be. I really enjoyed reading your interviews and thought they said some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post Lauren! I really identified with your five human traits. Especially the liking animals more than humans part. I too tend to be more independent and brutally honest with people. I'm trying to work on being more friendly with people who aren't family because in the business world it's all about working together toward a common goal. Once again great post and I can't wait to read what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete