Monday, June 17, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection

1) What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
The behaviors I have used to keep up with the requirements of this course are time management and being able to look for opportunities. I try to use my time wisely throughout this course by completing assignments throughout the week so they don't pile up and leave me stressed at the end of the week. Being able to look for opportunities everywhere is another behavior I use, and is something required to implement on almost every assignment.  
2) Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
A moment I felt like giving up was yesterday morning when I realized I had a four-hour drive home and a big paper to write that was due on Monday. The thought of driving from South Florida all the way to Gainesville was so exhausting and then having to immediately sit and write a paper as soon as I got home was so stressful to me. I weighed all my options and considered how I could make this the least stressful experience for me and decided I just had to get the paper done. I wrote half of it when I got home and then decided to leave the other half to finish in the morning in order to leave off some stress for myself. 
3) What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
  1. Reach out for help if you need it. Some things in this class were a little confusing to me in the beginning so I reached out to the professor, as well as fellow classmates. It helps to relate to other people going through the same thing and also get clarity on what you are confused about. 
  2. Develop time management skills. There are a lot of assignments due for this class, which require a lot of time. I would say to complete at least one assignment or half of an assignment every day so that you don't get overwhelmed. You can also break up the lectures so it's not too much all at once. 
  3. Developing the "tenacious mindset." This will allow you to stay motivated and working hard even when you have a lot on your plate. 

2 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    That is the exact behavior I developed in this course. I have learned to just get my assignment done early at the beginning of the week, so they don’t end up piling up at the end of the week. I could not imagine driving in the car and then sitting down and doing a paper right after. Papers stress me out in general. At least it is all over with now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I do agree with you about having good time management with this course because there are so many different assignments and you have to stay on top of it and be organized. Also the 3 tips and skills that you told future students are great and I would tell people as well about all the qualities and expectations of this course.

    ReplyDelete