Tuesday, May 21, 2019

My Entrepreneurship Story

In this post, I will be discussing a time when I was exposed to entrepreneurship and how the experience influenced me. In 2016, I went with my dad to a convention he had for work. I wanted to come along because I find the field he works in very interesting, and also it was being held in Los Angeles so it was a win-win for me. At the convention, my dad introduced me to the owner of his company and we talked about how he came from nothing and built a successful business. He was the first successful entrepreneur I had ever met and it was inspiring to hear about someone who didn't have a specific industry focus and no experience in owning a business, yet he became so successful at it.

I enrolled in ENT3003 because I am in Innovation Academy and it was the next class required for me to take to be on track for my minor.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren, it's really cool that you got exposed to entrepreneurship at a young age, especially at a convention in LA. I'm sure it had a positive impact on you and inspired you to do the same as the guy you met. Not everyone gets the opportunity you did, so it's really interesting that you remember the moment so well and use it as motivation. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren, that’s an incredible experience and I’m very happy that you got to be at a convention like that. Experiences like that create a great drive in us to pursue our passions. Entrepreneurship is a great way for one to create change in the world around us. Tesla is a company that prides its self on the changes it strives to create in the world around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on this post, Lauren! It's super cool that you got such a hands-on and personal interaction with an entrepreneur. It must have been very inspiring and insightful to learn about his story and attach a face to such a daunting career prospect. I personally have not had much personal interaction with entrepreneurs in my own life, I hope you remember that moment and use that to help propel you in the future!

    ReplyDelete